The Jobs and Skills Summit brought together Australians, including unions, employers, civil society and governments, to address our shared economic challenges.
When: 1-2 September 2022
Where: Parliament House, Canberra
What: The Summit and subsequent Employment White Paper will focus on:
- keeping unemployment low, boosting productivity and incomes
- delivering secure, well-paid jobs and strong, sustainable wages growth
- expanding employment opportunities for all Australians including the most disadvantaged
- addressing skills shortages and getting our skills mix right over the long term
- improving migration settings to support higher productivity and wages
- maximising jobs and opportunities from renewable energy, tackling climate change, the digital economy, the care economy and a Future Made in Australia
- and ensuring women have equal opportunities and equal pay.
Led by the Prime Minister and Treasurer, and supported by other key ministers, the Summit recommended immediate actions and opportunities for medium and long-term reform.
Although Summit attendance was limited and invitation only, Treasury will invite submissions and engage the wider community over the next 12 months.
Media and news
- Media release – Outcomes of the Jobs and Skills Summit – 2 September 2022
- Media release – Release of Jobs and Skills Summit Issues Paper – 17 August 2022
- Media release – Jobs and Skills Summit to be held in September – 11 July 2022
- Watch highlights at Jobs Summit YouTube Playlist
- Watch the full Jobs and Skills Summit on ParlView:
All enquiries from the media should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org