The Jobs and Skills Summit brought Australians together to work constructively on the challenges and opportunities facing the Australian labour market and economy.
The Employment White Paper – Working Future – builds on the Summit themes and outcomes. Released in September 2023, the White Paper outlines the Government’s vision for a dynamic and inclusive labour market. One where everyone has the opportunity for secure, fairly paid work and people, businesses and communities can be beneficiaries of change and thrive.
Five ambitious objectives contribute to achieving the Government’s vision:
- Delivering sustained and inclusive full employment
- Promoting job security and strong, sustainable wage growth
- Reigniting productivity growth
- Filling skills needs and building our future workforce
- Overcoming barriers to employment and broadening opportunity
Key issues for Australia’s labour market were explored through a wide‑ranging, year‑long stakeholder engagement process with on-the-ground consultations in every state and territory, partnering with researchers and academics and over 400 public submissions. The Treasury Employment Taskforce engaged with over 250 stakeholders, including meeting with people with lived experience and from diverse backgrounds.
Media and news
- Media release – Working future - white paper on jobs and opportunities – 25 September 2023
- Media release – Work commences on Employment White Paper – 29 September 2022
All enquiries from the media should be directed to email@example.com