The review of the MBR program is designed to ensure investment in this core national economic infrastructure is delivered within a reasonable timeframe and budget.
The review will provide a comprehensive understanding of the current state of the program by:
- assessing the expenditure to date including drivers contributing to cost increases
- measuring what has been delivered, and work remaining to achieve the objectives of the program
- identifying key aspects that present significant risks, including to the successful delivery of the program’s objectives, cost and delivery schedule
- validating current estimated costs and underlying assumptions
- evaluating governance and management practices.
It will provide recommendations on how to best position the program to achieve its intended objectives, including:
- improvements or changes to information technology solutions
- improvements or alternative approaches to design and delivery that will reduce cost, accelerate delivery and/or improve governance and management of the program
- strategies, which might include appropriate revisions to the scope of the program’s deliverables, to mitigate significant risks to the successful delivery of the program’s objectives, cost and delivery schedule.