The government is seeking views from interested parties on exposure draft amendments to the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation Investment Mandate Direction 2018 (to be renamed the Housing Australia Investment Mandate Direction 2018) and accompanying explanatory statement.
These amendments will direct Housing Australia in its delivery of social and affordable homes under the $10 billion Housing Australia Future Fund Future Fund (HAFF) and affordable homes under the National Housing Accord (Accord) [PDF 515 KB].
The HAFF and the Accord are important parts of the government’s ambitious housing agenda, together supporting the Commonwealth's commitment to deliver 40,000 new social and affordable homes over the next 5 years.
The accompanying factsheet provides additional contextual information, as well as information on the types of financing and funding that will be available under the HAFF and Accord, including next steps towards delivering homes under the programs.
- National Housing Accord: working together to help tackle housing challenges
The Hon Dr Jim Chalmers MP, Treasurer, 25 October 2022
- Landmark housing legislation passes the Parliament
The Hon Anthony Albanese MP, Prime Minister, 14 September 2023
- National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation Investment Mandate Direction 2018
- Housing Australia Act 2018
- Housing Australia Future Fund Act 2023