- Exposure Draft - DOC 337KB
- Exposure Draft - PDF 727KB
- Explanatory Materials - DOCX 145KB
- Explanatory Materials - PDF 298KB
- Ready Reckoner - DOCX 101KB
- Ready Reckoner - PDF 197KB
- Privacy protections summary - DOCX 44KB
- Privacy protections summary - PDF 183KB
- A quick guide to making submissions - DOCX 22KB
- A quick guide to making submissions - PDF 78KB
On 9 May 2018 the Government committed to implement the Consumer Data Right in line with the recommendations of the Review into Open Banking in Australia.
The Government is seeking views on the exposure draft legislation and accompanying explanatory materials, which implement this measure. The Treasury Laws Amendment (Consumer Data Right) Bill 2018 will primarily amend the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 but will also consequentially amend the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Information Commissioner Act 2010.
Responses to this consultation will inform Regulation Impact Statement and Privacy Impact Assessment processes.
For further queries or comments on either the Consumer Data Right or Open Banking, please contact email@example.com.
Treasury will be conducting roundtables on the following dates:
- Melbourne, 23 August 2018
- Sydney, 28 August 2018
- Other capital cities will be considered upon receipt of expressions of interest
We will be holding a number of 2 hour sessions at each of the Melbourne and Sydney roundtables. If you wish to attend a roundtable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred location and if there are any times on that day you will not be able to attend.
We will not accept expressions of interest received after 12pm AEST on 20 August 2018.
Due to limited numbers, if an organisation wishes for more than one representative to attend a roundtable, the second representative will be placed on a waiting list. We will send an email confirming the attendance of wait-listed attendees at 5pm AEST on 20 August 2018.
No submissions are currently available.