On 30 October 2018 the Assistant Treasurer, the Hon Stuart Robert MP, announced the Government’s release of the final report on the Review of the Food and Grocery Code of Conduct by Professor Graeme Samuel AC.
The final report makes 14 recommendations aimed at improving the commercial relationships between retailers or wholesalers and their suppliers.
Professor Samuel’s final report was informed by three rounds of industry consultation and engagement. His review received feedback from over 50 individual stakeholders including signatories, supermarkets, wholesalers, suppliers, industry experts, small business representatives and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Final report consultation
With the independent review now complete, the Government is seeking feedback on the final report recommendations to inform its response, which may include making changes to the Code.
- Australian Association of Convenience Stores - PDF 143KB
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission - PDF 2MB
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman - PDF 4MB
- AUSVEG - PDF 180KB
- Food South Australia Inc. - PDF 2MB
- Metcash - PDF 128KB
- NSW Small Business Commissioner - PDF 146KB
- SA Small Business Commissioner - PDF 1MB