The taskforce will work to ensure that more Australian small businesses can thrive in an increasingly digital economy.
Evidence shows that when a small business begins to digitise and use digital tools it creates new growth opportunities and diversifies revenue streams. Adopting digital technologies also helps small businesses to find talent, access finance, work smarter and enhances the value of the business when it is time to sell. However, many small businesses are not taking advantage of the opportunities that the digital economy offers.
The Small Business Digital Taskforce will talk with small businesses across Australia about their concerns and ideas on how they can better engage in the digital economy.
The taskforce was chaired by entrepreneur Mr Mark Bouris AM and comprises:
- Mr David Coleman MP - Chair of House of Representatives Standing Committee on Economics
- The Hon Craig Laundy MP - Minister for Small and Family Business, the Workplace and Deregulation
- Ms Pip Marlow - Chief Executive Officer Customer Marketplace at Suncorp Group Limited
- Ms Su McCluskey - Chairperson of Energy Renaissance, a Director of Australian Unity and a Director of the Foundation for Young Australians
- Mr Spiro Pappas - Executive General Manager of Global Institutional Banking at National Australia Bank
- Mr Gerd Schenkel - founder and Managing Director of BGA Digital
The taskforce will report their findings to the government by the end of March 2018.