The Drought Finance Taskforce considers and responds to drought-related finance issues affecting both farmers and small businesses in rural and regional communities.
The Taskforce includes the Treasurer as Chair, the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources as Deputy Chair, Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, regional Queensland Member of Parliament, the Hon Dr John McVeigh MP, a senior representative from the National Farmers Federation (NFF), and a senior representative from each of the banks.
Leveraging government, business and industry resources, the group’s focus is on sharing data and insights to help alleviate finance challenges for farmers and small businesses.
The Taskforce is supported by a secretariat provided by the Treasury. The Taskforce’s inaugural meeting preceded the National Drought Summit, hosted by the Prime Minister.
- 5 December 2019, Canberra, ACT: Drought Finance Taskforce meeting
- 24 October 2019, Canberra, ACT: Drought Finance Taskforce meeting
- 14 February 2019, Canberra, ACT: Drought Finance Taskforce meeting
- 28 November 2018 Canberra, ACT: Drought Finance Taskforce meeting
- 25 October 2018 Canberra, ACT: Inaugural Drought Finance Taskforce meeting
News and media
- Media release: Inaugural Drought Finance Taskforce meeting 25 October 2018
- Media release: Drought Finance Taskforce to further support farmers and local small businesses 10 October 2018
Questions regarding the Drought Finance Taskforce can be emailed to DFTaskforceSecretariat@treasury.gov.au Media enquiries can be sent to email@example.com