The objectives of Program 1.3 are to:
- make payments in respect of insurance claims arising from the residual Housing Loans Insurance Company Limited portfolio. The Housing Loans Insurance Company Limited pre-transfer contract portfolio will be managed to ensure all liabilities arising from claims under this portfolio are met and any related debts are recovered;
- make payments of assistance to eligible HIH insurance policy holders under the HIH Claims Support Scheme. Work is now focused on finalising remaining claims so assistance can be paid, and the claims portfolio wound-up; and
- make loan payments to New South Wales to assist it to provide funding to the Asbestos Injuries Compensation Fund if required, to address an expected funding shortfall. This will assist the Asbestos Injuries Compensation Fund to continue making upfront compensation payments to victims of asbestos related diseases.
The program deliverables are:
- payments of claims arising from the Housing Loans Insurance Company Limited old book and assistance under the HIH Claims Support Scheme are made according to agreed schedules; and
- payments to New South Wales under the loan arrangements are made according to agreed schedules.
Key performance indicators
The key performance indicators are:
- payments of claims arising from the Housing Loans Insurance Company Limited old book and assistance under the HIH Claims Support Scheme are accurately determined and are made according to agreed schedules; and
- the loan facility to New South Wales is a temporary contingency measure for the provision of financing to the Asbestos Injuries Compensation Fund, where the Fund is not able to obtain financing in the short term from James Hardie under the Amended and Restated Final Funding Agreement. The facility will assist the Fund in the short-term to avoid entering into the rationing of payment to claimants.
Analysis of performance
- Payments made from the Housing Loans Insurance Corporation Limited met the cost of administering and meeting the Commonwealth’s obligations arising from ongoing management of the residual portfolio of lenders’ mortgage insurance contracts.
- Payments made to the HIH Claims Support Scheme met the costs of operating the scheme and providing assistance to eligible policyholders. The Treasury continues to work closely with the HIH administrators, McGrathNicol+Partners, and the contracted claims manager, Gallagher Bassett Services Pty Ltd, to settle remaining claims.
- All payments were accurately determined, in accordance with industry best practice and government regulations, and made in a timely manner.
- No loan payments were made to New South Wales in relation to the Asbestos Injuries Compensation Fund.