When engaging in business-to-consumer e-commerce, make sure you consider the following issues:
- Does your business follow ‘fair business practices’?
- Do consumers need specialised software or hardware to trade with you?
- Have you taken reasonable steps to ensure the goods and services you supply are accessible to people with a disability?
- Is all advertising material clearly identifi able, so it cannot be confused with other content?
- Are procedures in place to ensure that any marketing messages you send do not constitute spam?
- Have you taken reasonable steps to avoid entering into transactions with minors?
- Can consumers easily fi nd all key information about your business, including contact details?
- Are contract terms for purchases clear, accurate and easily accessible by consumers?
- Have you taken appropriate steps to protect consumers’ privacy?
- Have you provided consumers with payment mechanisms that are easy to use and offer appropriate security?
- Have you clearly explained to consumers the security and authentication methods you use so they can assess any risks?
- Do consumers have easy access to, and clear information about, dispute resolution procedures?
- Are consumers informed about any specifi c laws or jurisdiction applicable to transactions with your business?