- Portfolio Budget Statements 2015-16 - PDF 2MB
- Portfolio Overview - PDF 827KB
- Department of the Treasury - PDF 469KB
- Australian Bureau of Statistics - PDF 353KB
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission - PDF 399KB
- Australian Office of Financial Management - PDF 381KB
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority - PDF 351KB
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission - PDF 386KB
- Australian Taxation Office - PDF 522KB
- Clean Energy Finance Corporation - PDF 318KB
- Commonwealth Grants Commission - PDF 251KB
- Inspector-General of Taxation - PDF 283KB
- National Competition Council - PDF 270KB
- Office of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board - PDF 293KB
- Office of the Australian Accounting Standards Board - PDF 276KB
- Productivity Commission - PDF 284KB
- Royal Australian Mint - PDF 312KB
The purpose of the 2015-16 Portfolio Budget Statements (PB Statements) is to inform Senators and Members of Parliament of the proposed allocation of resources to government outcomes by entities within the portfolio. Entities receive resources from the annual appropriations acts, special appropriations (including standing appropriations and special accounts), and revenue from other sources.
A key role of the PB Statements is to facilitate the understanding of proposed annual appropriations in Appropriation Bills (No. 1 and No. 2) 2015-16 (or Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2015-16 for the parliamentary departments). In this sense the PB Statements are Budget related papers and are declared by the Appropriation Acts to be ‘relevant documents’ to the interpretation of the Acts according to section 15AB of the Acts Interpretation Act 1901.
The PB Statements provide information, explanation and justification to enable Parliament to understand the purpose of each outcome proposed in the Bills.
As required under section 12 of the Charter of Budget Honesty Act 1998, non-general government sector entities are not consolidated into the Commonwealth general government sector fiscal estimates and accordingly, these entities are not reported in the PB Statements.