The Government is undertaking further consultation on the regulations for portfolio holding disclosure by superannuation funds. The Government’s initial consultation was part of the ‘Your Future, Your Super’ Regulations and associated measures that opened on 28 April 2021.
Following feedback from stakeholders, the draft regulations and explanatory statement have been amended to:
- introduce a requirement that the information should be easily downloadable from the website of the fund in a delimited file format;
- allow cash and bank bill investments to be aggregated by the relevant institution;
- sub-divide infrastructure and property into directly held and unitised and require percentage ownership for directly held;
- remove the requirement to disclose maturity dates and counterparty name for derivatives; and
- make it clear in the Explanatory Statement that, in addition to the mandatory disclosures, registrable superannuation entities (RSEs) are free to provide supplementary information regarding the portfolio holdings of the RSE’s products in a separate public disclosure.
Submissions for this consultation are welcome at email@example.com.