The Payment Times Reporting Scheme aims to improve payment times for Australian small businesses.
About the scheme
The Payment Times Reporting Scheme requires large businesses and large government enterprises to report their small business payment terms and times.
- makes information about large business’s payment performance available to the public
- helps small businesses decide who to do business with
- creates incentives for improved payment times and practices.
Payment Times Reporting Scheme guidance
The Payment Times Reporting Scheme website provides information to help you understand:
- the scheme
- reporting requirements
- how to access and report through the portal
- how to view submitted report information
- how the Regulator monitors and enforces compliance with the scheme.
Visit the Payment Times Reporting Scheme website.
How to report
Businesses and other reporting entities submit their payment reports through the Payment Times Reporting Portal.
The portal also provides access to the Small Business Identification tool – to help reporting entities identify their small business suppliers.
Access the Payment Times Reporting Portal.
Check our guidance on how to report.
How to view reports
We publish the information from payment times reports on the Payment Times Reports Register. The register is available as a downloadable Excel file.
Learn more about the Payment Times Reports Register.
Administration of the scheme
The Australian Government established the Payment Times Reporting Regulator on 1 January 2021. The role is currently based in the Treasury. We administer the scheme under the:
- Payment Times Reporting Act 2020
- Payment Times Reporting Rules 2020
- Payment Times Reporting (Form and Manner for Giving Report) Instrument 2021
The scheme has a 12-month transition period before compliance and enforcement measures apply. Reporting entities must still report during this period. The transition period ends on 31 December 2021.
Read about the Payment times reporting regulator on the Payment Times Reporting Scheme website.
- Consultation for development of the Payment Times Reporting Scheme
- Payment Times Reporting Scheme announcement – Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business, 27 November 2020
- Email PaymentTimesReporting@industry.gov.au
- Call business.gov.au 13 28 46 (select option 1 government grants, programs and services)