The Government has released the Final Report of the independent Review of Small Amount Credit Contracts (SACCs) for consultation. The Final Report made 24 recommendations relating to the SACC and consumer leasing laws.
The Government is also consulting on whether the recommendations relating to consumer leases should apply to all regulated consumer leases (including motor vehicles) rather than only leases of household goods, and how second hand goods should be treated.
The Review was chaired by Ms Danielle Press. The panel members for the Review were Ms Catherine Walter AM and Mr Stephen Cavanagh.
The panel provided the Final Report to the Government on 3 March 2016.
- Australian Bankers' Association - PDF 72KB
- Australian Finance Conference - PDF 1MB
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission - PDF 283KB
- Bryant, Robert - PDF 201KB
- Consumer Action Law Centre - PDF 6MB
- Consumer Credit Legal Service WA - PDF 143KB
- Credit Corp - PDF 115KB
- Financial Rights Legal Centre - PDF 249KB
- Lead Market Australia - PDF 687KB
- Legal Aid NSW - PDF 542KB
- Min-it - PDF 335KB
- Moneybox Loans - PDF 278KB
- National Credit Providers Association - PDF 1MB
- Nimble - PDF 261KB
- Rentorilla - PDF 369KB
- Synod of Victoria and Tasmania, Uniting Church in Australia - RTF 532KB