This consultation process has now been completed. Submissions availableDate
The purpose of the Green Paper is to consult stakeholders about the following range of financial services and credit reform initiatives:
- the development of a comprehensive approach to the regulation of mortgages and mortgage broking advice;
- the regulation of margin lending;
- the creation of a national market for trustee corporations through the implementation of Commonwealth legislation;
- reforms to improve the existing regulation of debentures;
- the investigation of issues relating to property investment advice, including property spruikers; and
- the consideration of the most appropriate regulation of a range of remaining credit products, such as credit cards, personal loans and micro-lending.