Skip to content
Summary of conditions of service
Corporate strategies to support the Enterprise Agreement
- Delivering competitive pay and conditions to attract and retain high performing and high potential staff.
- An integrated approach to corporate planning to better manage workflows, risks, people and finances.
- Nurturing and strengthening our core organisational capabilities through investment in professional development.
- Competitive salary arrangements.
- Potential for salary advancement twice annually for APS staff and annually for EL staff, subject to performance.
- Broadbanding available between APS 1–4 and APS 5–6 levels based on performance and work availability.
- Access to flexible remuneration packaging including for in-house childcare costs.
- Standard working week of 38 hours with a 7am–7pm daily bandwidth.
- Flextime for APS level staff.
- Time off in lieu arrangements for Executive Level staff.
- Overtime payable to APS 1–6 staff, with penalty rates ranging from 125 per cent to 200 per cent.
- 20 days annual leave each year, accrued daily.
- Options to cash out annual leave.
- Options to purchase leave or arrange sabbatical leave.
- Christmas closedown period from Christmas Day to the first working day after New Year’s day.
- 15 days of personal/carer’s leave each year for ongoing employees.
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave available at full pay or 32 weeks at half pay.
- 10 days paid parenting leave for supporting partners.
- Paid adoption and permanent foster care leave in line with maternity Leave provisions, and 5 days paid short term foster care leave.
- Leave options for community or charity work.
- Broad miscellaneous leave category to enhance workplace flexibility.
- PSS accumulation plan (or choice) employer contribution of 15.4 per cent.
- Temporary reassignment of duties allowance for reassignments over 4 weeks.
- Extra duty meal allowance.
- First aid allowance.
- Restriction allowance.
- Motor vehicle allowance.
- Provision for reimbursement of family care arrangements which arise from directed travel or work outside the staff member’s normal pattern of work.
Health, wellbeing and work life balance
- $600 annual Lifestyle Contribution to assist in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Access to flexible working arrangements including part time, job sharing and home based work arrangements, subject to operational requirements.
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing initiatives including discounted corporate gym and fitness memberships, and health-related promotions.
- Access to onsite childcare facilities and a dedicated carer’s room.
- Accredited as a breastfeeding friendly workplace with provision for nursing breaks for breastfeeding mothers.
- Access to reimbursement of eyeglass lenses for screen based work.
- Access to a free confidential counselling service.
- Access to a dedicated quiet room for reflection, prayer and meditation.
- Established performance management system and career development system.
- Generous studies assistance arrangements for part time study providing financial assistance of up to $2750 per semester in study fees and up to 6 hours per week in study leave.
- Range of in house training and leadership development programs.
- Comprehensive graduate development program.
- Opportunities to access scholarships, study awards and undertake academic research projects.