JobKeeper April and May fortnights - by postcode
The JobKeeper data provided is for the number of organisations that have had their applications processed for the JobKeeper payment for the April and May fortnights. The ATO is administering the JobKeeper Program, and this data has been provided by the ATO. The data is for all applications processed for the April and May fortnights as at 8 July 2020, broken down by postcode.
The data is subject to the following definitions, caveats and limitations:
- The term organisation covers both businesses and not for profits participating in the Program.
- Numbers are based on the total number of processed applications for organisations for the April fortnights – 30 March 2020 to 26 April 2020 – and May fortnights – 27 April to 24 May 2020 (as at midnight 8 July 2020).
- The postcode data is represented for the April month and May month separately, noting that the organisation count for processed JobKeeper applications resets to zero for each new JobKeeper claiming period (monthly) as eligible organisations are required to submit monthly reimbursement claims for each JobKeeper period. As such figures represented are not cumulative across months.
- Organisations with processed applications are those that have completed the enrolment, verification and declaration steps for this time period.
- The data remains subject to revisions as with all Programs of this size there will be organisations that complete late applications, amend/adjust their application for the period in subsequent periods and applications processed may be subject to compliance activities in the future.
- The organisation application count at the postcode level is based on the most up to date primary organisation address detail that the ATO holds on its records, as supplied by the organisation. This address does not always represent the actual organisation location and/or trading location of the organisation. The organisation may also have multiple trading locations and this is not captured in this data set. The organisation location is also not representational of where employees are based.
- Where the business count is below 5 for a particular postcode and a business address is not available or reliable, businesses are grouped together and listed as ‘N/A’.