JobKeeper April, May and June fortnights - by postcode
The JobKeeper data provided is for the number of organisations that had applications processed for the JobKeeper Payment for any of the JobKeeper fortnights in April, May and June as at 1 September 2020, broken down by postcode. The ATO is administering the JobKeeper Payment and has provided these data.
The data is subject to the following definitions, caveats and limitations:
- Numbers are based on the total number of processed applications for organisations for the April fortnights – 30 March 2020 to 26 April 2020, May fortnights – 27 April to 24 May 2020, and June fortnights – 25 May to 21 June (as at midnight 1 September 2020).
- The postcode applications data does not show the number of employees or eligible business participants nominated by an organisation.
- The term organisation covers both businesses and not for profits participating in JobKeeper.
- The postcode data is represented for the April, May and June months separately, noting that the organisation count for processed JobKeeper applications resets to zero for each new JobKeeper claiming period (monthly) as eligible organisations are required to submit monthly reimbursement claims for each JobKeeper period. As such figures represented are not cumulative across months.
- Organisations with processed applications are those that have completed the enrolment, verification and declaration steps for this time period.
- The postcode data remains subject to revisions. There will be organisations that may have completed late applications, amended/adjusted their application for the period in subsequent periods, updated their business address details, cancelled their application and/or been subject to processing corrections, or compliance activities which has found them to be ineligible.
- The organisation application count at the postcode level is based on the most up to date primary organisation address detail that the ATO holds on its records, as supplied by the organisation. This address does not always represent the actual organisation location and/or trading location of the organisation. The organisation may also have multiple trading locations and this is not captured in this data set. The organisation location is also not representational of where employees are based.
- Where the organisation count is below 5 for a particular postcode or a business address is not available or reliable, organisations are grouped together and listed as ‘N/A’.
- Data for June (including revised April and May figures) was first uploaded on 18 September and subsequently updated on 25 September with a minor correction. In the initial version (18 September) data for postcode 0875 was incorrectly grouped within the ‘N/A as <5 applications for postcode or postcode not available’ category. The current version, updated 25 September, includes data for postcode 0875. No other changes were made.