JobKeeper April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2020 fortnights, and January 2021 fortnights - by postcode
The JobKeeper postcode data provided is for the number of organisations that had applications processed for:
- The first phase of the JobKeeper Payment in April, May, June, July, August, and September 2020,
- The first quarter of the JobKeeper Payment extension period in October, November, and December 2020; and
- The January fortnights (4 to 31 January 2021) of the second quarter of the JobKeeper Payment extension period.
All data is current as at midnight 22 March 2021. The data provided in the postcode spreadsheet for JobKeeper Payment data has been divided into three data sets as set out above. The ATO is administering the JobKeeper Payment and has provided this data.
The data is subject to the following definitions, caveats and limitations:
- This data covers the first phase of the JobKeeper Payment (up to 27 September), the first quarter of the extension period (28 September 2020 – 3 January 2021), and the January fortnights of the second quarter of the extension period (from 4 January 2021).
- Numbers are based on the total number of processed applications for organisations, as at midnight 22 March 2021, for the following JobKeeper fortnights:
- April 2020 – 30 March to 26 April;
- May 2020 – 27 April to 24 May;
- June 2020 – 25 May to 21 June;
- July 2020 – 22 June to 19 July;
- August 2020 – 20 July to 30 August;
- September 2020 – 31 August to 27 September;
- October 2020 – 28 September to 25 October;
- November 2020 – 26 October to 22 November;
- December 2020 – 23 November 2020 to 3 January 2021; and
- January 2021 – 4 January to 31 January 2021.
- While there have generally been two JobKeeper fortnights per month, there were three fortnights within the months of August (20 July to 2 August, 3 to 16 August and 17 to 30 August) and December (23 November to 6 December, 7 December to 20 December and 21 December 2020 to 3 January 2021).
- Rule changes making childcare providers ineligible for JobKeeper came into effect from the 20 July 2020 (the first fortnight in August). Changes to the employee reference date (from 1 March 2020 to 1 July 2020), announced following the stage 4 lockdown of Victoria came into effect from 3 August (the second fortnight of August).
- The term organisation covers both businesses and not for profits participating in JobKeeper.
- The monthly postcode data is represented for the April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December and January months separately, noting that the organisation count for processed JobKeeper applications resets to zero for each new JobKeeper claiming period (monthly) as eligible organisations are required to submit monthly reimbursement claims for each JobKeeper period. As such these monthly figures represented are not cumulative across months.
- Organisations with processed applications are those that have completed the enrolment, verification and declaration steps for this time period.
- The postcode data remains subject to revisions as there will be organisations that may have completed late applications, amended/adjusted their application for the period in subsequent periods, updated their business address details, have cancelled their application and/or have been subject to compliance activities which has found them to be ineligible.
- The organisation application count at the postcode level is based on the most up to date primary organisation address detail that the ATO holds on its records, as supplied by the organisation. This address does not always represent the actual organisation location and/or trading location of the organisation. The organisation may also have multiple trading locations and this is not captured in this data set. The organisation location is also not representational of where employees are based.
- Where the organisation count is one to four for a particular postcode or a business address is not available or reliable, organisations are grouped together in the ‘N/A’ category.
- The JobKeeper extension phase postcode data has been supplied as a new dataset in the spreadsheet. To be eligible for the JobKeeper extension, organisations are required to demonstrate an actual decline in turnover for the relevant reference period.
- The number of organisations receiving JobKeeper in the extension phase reduced and postcodes that do not appear in the extension phase dataset are either postcodes where there are zero organisations claiming for JobKeeper and/or the organisation count is one to four and has been grouped in the N/A category.