JobKeeper April, May, June, July, August & September fortnights - by postcode
The JobKeeper data provided is for the number of organisations that had applications processed for the JobKeeper Payment for any of the JobKeeper fortnights in April, May, June, July, August and September as at 22 November 2020, broken down by postcode. The ATO is administering the JobKeeper Payment and has provided these data.
The data is subject to the following definitions, caveats and limitations:
- Numbers are based on the total number of processed applications for organisations for the April 2020 fortnights – 30 March to 26 April, May 2020 fortnights – 27 April to 24 May, June 2020 fortnights – 25 May to 21 June, July 2020 fortnights – 22 June to 19 July, August 2020 fortnights – 20 July to 30 August fortnights, and 31 August to 27 September fortnights (as at midnight 22 November 2020).
- The JobKeeper payment postcode data covers all fortnights in the first phase of the JobKeeper Payment (up to 27 September). Postcode data on the JobKeeper Payment extension phase, which commenced on 28 September, is not yet available.
- While there have generally been two JobKeeper fortnights per month, there were three fortnights within the month of August (20 July to 2 August, 3 to 16 August and 17 to 30 August).
- Rule changes making childcare providers ineligible for JobKeeper came into effect from the 20 July 2020 (the first fortnight in August). Changes to the employee reference date (from 1 March 2020 to 1 July 2020), announced following the stage 4 lockdown of Victoria came into effect from 3 August (the second fortnight of August).
- The postcode applications data does not show the number of employees or eligible business participants nominated by an organisation.
- The term organisation covers both businesses and not for profits participating in JobKeeper.
- The postcode data is represented for the April, May, June, July, August and September months separately, noting that the organisation count for processed JobKeeper applications resets to zero for each new JobKeeper claiming period (monthly) as eligible organisations are required to submit monthly reimbursement claims for each JobKeeper period. As such figures represented are not cumulative across months.
- Organisations with processed applications are those that have completed the enrolment, verification and declaration steps for this time period.
- The postcode data remains subject to revisions as there will be organisations that may have completed late applications, amended/adjusted their application for the period in subsequent periods, updated their business address details, have cancelled their application and/or have been subject to compliance activities which has found them to be ineligible.
- The organisation application count at the postcode level is based on the most up to date primary organisation address detail that the ATO holds on its records, as supplied by the organisation. This address does not always represent the actual organisation location and/or trading location of the organisation. The organisation may also have multiple trading locations and this is not captured in this data set. The organisation location is also not representational of where employees are based.
- Where the organisation count is below 5 for a particular postcode or a business address is not available or reliable, organisations are grouped together and listed as ‘N/A’.