The expert panel will be chaired by Professor Ian Ramsay, with Mr Alan Kirkland and Ms Julie Abramson as members.
Biographies of expert panel members
- Professor Ian Ramsay – Chair
- Ian is Professor of Commercial Law at the University of Melbourne; is a member of the Law Council of Australia and currently serves on its Corporations Law Committee.
- Ian has extensive experience as an expert consultant to government reviews and as a member of government advisory committees.
- Ms Julie Abramson – Panel member
- Julie is a lawyer with over 20 years regulatory experience at both Federal and State levels and was appointed as a part time Commissioner at the Productivity Commission in December 2015.
- Julie has particular expertise in financial services regulation and competition policy, including as a previous member of the Banking Code of Practice’s Compliance Committee.
- Mr Alan Kirkland – Panel member
- Alan has been the CEO of Choice for the past three-and-a-half years and has extensive experience in consumer advocacy.
- Alan will bring a strong consumer focus to the review and help ensure it delivers on the Government’s commitment to improve outcomes for consumers.